Friday, July 8, 2016

A New Painting Begins Today

www.mgmadiganphotography.com
www.michealmadigan.com



I'm beginning a new work today,a large acrylic on panel. As i do with all of my works, i've gathered together a number of photographic sources for this piece. They'll be my "memory prompts"...serving in the layered evolution of the painting. I'll be working from a time period from early Spring and a trip my wife and I made to the west of Ireland. I've lost count of the number of times I've walked this
path in the last 15 years.It's a place that calls me back, time and again, to discover new visions of ancient things.





I'm not going to include all 30 or so images that begin this process for me...just a few to give a flavor of the tone for the painitng to come....



So wish me luck ahead

2 comments: